Thread poster: Paula Mahler

Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 11:27
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 18, 2011

Hello,
I am using TRADOS STUDIO 2009. When I open a package sent by a client, I have no problem to check the spell of my translated file, but when I open a single document the tool is not available.
Help, please!
Thanks in advance.
Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:27
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
it may be XP Jul 18, 2011

Hi,

Just a thought.

I had a similar problem on Windows XP. I was using Hunspell. When I installed it on Windows 7, spellcheck got back.

Kind regards

Hakan

Mike Hunter
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:27
English to Flemish
+ ...
Tools Jul 18, 2011

Hi Paula,

In Editor view select the Tools menu, then options which will bring up a new window.

Double click on the Editor/green pensil which is in the menu on the left, and the first sub-category contains the spell check options.

Hope this helps

Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 11:27
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Check spelling in TRADOS STUDIO 2009 Jul 19, 2011

Hakan Kiyici wrote:

Hi,

Just a thought.

I had a similar problem on Windows XP. I was using Hunspell. When I installed it on Windows 7, spellcheck got back.

Kind regards

Hakan

Hello,
Thanks, but I use Windows Vista.
Best regards,
Paula

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:27
English
What flavours are you using? Jul 19, 2011

Hi Paula,

I can repro this if I choose French (Principality of Monaco) and Spanish (Nicaragua) but not with French (France) and Spanish (Spain). So I'm thinking it has something to do with the flavour of language you are using.

You can add additional Hunspell languages by editing the dictionalry files as described in here:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2691&p=1

If you're not sure what to do drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com and I can help you with this.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Check spelling in TRADOS STUDIO 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search