Initial language setup required every time I open Studio and then "access denied"
Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:18
English to French
+ ...
Jul 19, 2011

Hi,
I purchased the latest version of Trados Studio 2009 last month. I have used it a few times but in the last few days, every time I try to open the program, it takes me through the initial setup wizard asking me to select 5 languages. Once I have selected them, I get an error message saying "access is denied". Then Studio opens but when I try and set up a project, the source language scroll down list remains blank and I cannot go any further.

I am logged in as Administrato
... See more
Hi,
I purchased the latest version of Trados Studio 2009 last month. I have used it a few times but in the last few days, every time I try to open the program, it takes me through the initial setup wizard asking me to select 5 languages. Once I have selected them, I get an error message saying "access is denied". Then Studio opens but when I try and set up a project, the source language scroll down list remains blank and I cannot go any further.

I am logged in as Administrator on my computer. I have had a look around and noticed this is a problem that has been encountered before but I cannot find a solution online so far.

Can anyone help?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Corinne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Initial language setup required every time I open Studio and then "access denied"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »