I can't open a TM
Thread poster: Annie Dejoie
Annie Dejoie
English to French
Jul 19, 2011

I just got the SDL Trados Studio Starter Version and I need to translate a project using a specific TM sent by the client. I've been following many tutorials but I can't seem to figure it out, especially because I can't access the Translation Memories Navigation Pane in Starter.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 15:57
Italian to German
+ ...
You probably don't need to open it Jul 19, 2011

Hi Annie,
I know nothing about the Starter Edtition, but in order to use the TM to translate a file you probably have to simply add it to your project. Opening the TM is not necessary.

Mike

Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 16:57
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dubbel click Jul 19, 2011

I suggest this close WB if it's open then dubbel click on the TM and then a work bench session with the TM should open

Annie Dejoie
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
importing the TM Jul 19, 2011

Thanks a lot for your answer. I've been looking through all the tutorials. I created a new TM, then I tried to import the txt file that they sent me, but it won't let me. I'm really new at using CAT tools ann I'm kinda running out of time. thank you for your help!

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
German to Polish
+ ...
Not txt Jul 19, 2011

You cannot import txt into Studio. Ask the client for tmx format or ask somebody to do it for you (import of txt and export as tmx).

A.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
TXT... Jul 19, 2011

... or use the upgrade route to merge the TXT to your SDLTM. But this may not be possible in the Starter version... but Freelance or above is fine.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/203387-studio_2011_blog_entries.html#1773754

No need to do more work outside of Studio unnecessarily.

Regards

Paul

Annie Dejoie
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 20, 2011

Thank you all for your kind answers and your help, it worked !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't open a TM

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search