Thread poster: Katarina Andersson

Katarina Andersson  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:59
Member (2006)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 20, 2011

Hello,

As my old computer crashed, I bought a new one reinstalled the Trados Suite, then there was a fabrication defect on the new computer and had to change that computer to another new one, I then reinstalled again Trados Suite on this last computer too. But I cannot activate the license anymore as it says the extra activations are exceeded. As I had not understood one needs to return the license every time one wants to reinstall it on another computer, I cannot do it now as the old computer does not function anymore, and the other one that was defect has been returned to the distributor.

Could you tell me who to contact or what to do? As I cannot use the Trados Suite for the moment, the trial mode does not work anymore either. And for my work this now turns out to be a problem.

There seem to be no clues on SDL's website how to phone for support or write other than to sales representatives. Seems to only say one needs to pay 200 euros to get access to support which frankly seems very strange to me.

Anyway, if anyone has had this problem or know how or who to contact to solve the problem that would be nice.:-)

Thanks,

Katarina Andersson.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the support from the Knowledge Base page Jul 20, 2011

Go to http://kb.sdl,com and from the menu on the top chose the Solution finder, then start the proces for licensing issues. This will either give you a solution or contact you with the support. For free, of course.

Katarina Andersson  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Italian to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Jul 22, 2011

Hello,

thanks a lot for the help.:-))

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Suite 2009, problems with activating license

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search