Mariana T. Buttermilch  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:28
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 21, 2011

Dear all,
I've received an e-mail form a client containing the following file: 1107214_es-ES.sdlppx
2967 K and when I click on Descargar (Download), and try to open the file I get the Error message:
Error al procesar los argumentos de la línea de comandos: Cannot find central directory

SINTAXIS: SDLTradosStudio.exe [/help|/?] /arg1 val1 /arg2 val2

Tarea: Crear proyecto
Descripción: Inicia el Asistente de creación de proyectos.
Uso: SDL
... See more
Dear all,
I've received an e-mail form a client containing the following file: 1107214_es-ES.sdlppx
2967 K and when I click on Descargar (Download), and try to open the file I get the Error message:
Error al procesar los argumentos de la línea de comandos: Cannot find central directory

SINTAXIS: SDLTradosStudio.exe [/help|/?] /arg1 val1 /arg2 val2

Tarea: Crear proyecto
Descripción: Inicia el Asistente de creación de proyectos.
Uso: SDLTradosStudio.exe /createProject [/files [ ...]] [/name ] [/template ] [/referenceProject ]
Argumentos:
/createProject Inicia el Asistente de creación de proyectos.
/files Ruta de acceso al archivo completa de uno o más documentos o carpetas que desee agregar al Asistente de creación de proyectos.
/name Nombre del proyecto
/template Ruta de acceso al archivo o nombre de plantilla existente que desee utilizar.
/referenceProject Ruta de acceso al archivo de proyecto de referencia existente que desee utilizar.

Tarea: Abrir documento
Descripción: Abre uno o varios documentos en la vista Editor.
Uso: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openDocument [ ...]
Argumentos:
/openDocument Ruta de acceso al archivo completa de uno o más documentos que desee abrir.

Tarea: Abrir memoria de traducción basada en archivos
Descripción: Abre una memoria de traducción basada en archivos o varias memorias de traducción basadas en archivos en la vista de Memorias de traducción.
Uso: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openFileTm [ ...]
Argumentos:
/openFileTm Ruta de acceso al archivo completa de una o varias memorias de traducción que desee abrir.

Tarea: Abrir paquete
Descripción: Abre un paquete en la vista Paquete.
Uso: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openPackage
Argumentos:
/openPackage Ruta de acceso al archivo completa del paquete que desee abrir.

Tarea: Abrir proyecto
Descripción: Abre un proyecto en la vista Proyectos.
Uso: SDLTradosStudio.exe /openProject
Argumentos:
/openProject Ruta de acceso al archivo completa del proyecto que desee abrir.

Tarea: Mostrar configuración avanzada
Descripción: Utilice este argumento para mostrar las páginas 'Avanzada' de la configuración de Tipos de archivo
Uso: SDLTradosStudio.exe /showAdvancedSettings
Argumentos:
/showAdvancedSettings Utilice este argumento para mostrar las páginas 'Avanzada' de la configuración de Tipos de archivo
........................................................................................................

What should I do to be able to open the file??? (sorry for sending the spanish version of the error message, that's what I get:) Thanks in advance,
Mariana
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:28
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Save command Jul 21, 2011

Hi Mariana,

Why don't you first 'save' the file on your desktop and then try to open it?

Selcuk

Argentina
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Selcuk Jul 21, 2011

Hi Selcuk,
thanks, I get the same messsage when I try to open it from my desktop (after having downloaded it)!

The fact is, that when I tried to open it yesterday I could see the two attached files when I did as mentined on my first quote. I installed and unsinstalled Studio 2009 several times, but could not solve it either.

Thanks and greetings from Argentina,
Mariana

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Mariana,

Why don't you first 'save' the file on your desktop and then try to open it?

Selcuk

Argentina
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Selcuk once again Jul 21, 2011

I had not realized that you were answering from Izmir.
We were in Izmir 20 days ago, and went from there to Ephesus, your country is really beautiful!!!.

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ephesus Jul 21, 2011

A flight from from Argentina to Turkey! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

As for your problem with the sdlppx file, I read somewhere that some e-mail services (gmail or yahoo mail, I am not sure) compress several files into one zipped file which results in damaged files. Try to download the files separately.

Selcuk

[Edited at 2011-07-21 19:10 GMT]

Argentina
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Selcuk Jul 21, 2011

You're right!!!

I went on trying to solve my problem, and could at least by clicking on See (in the zip File) have access to the folders included in the original file.

Sorry because I've just started with Studio, I can see all the files separately... would you suggest me to create a new project and include TM's and all the stuff I got in it. I guess I will be able to solve it that way:)

By the way, we spent 20 hours, with stops in Rio and in Madrid to get
... See more
You're right!!!

I went on trying to solve my problem, and could at least by clicking on See (in the zip File) have access to the folders included in the original file.

Sorry because I've just started with Studio, I can see all the files separately... would you suggest me to create a new project and include TM's and all the stuff I got in it. I guess I will be able to solve it that way:)

By the way, we spent 20 hours, with stops in Rio and in Madrid to get to Istambul. It was really worth doing so:)

Kind regards,
Mariana

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

A flight from from Argentina to Turkey! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

As for your problem with the sdlppx file, I read somewhere that some e-mail services (gmail or yahoo mail, I am not sure) compress several files into one zipped file which results in damaged files. Try to download the files separately.

Selcuk

[Edited at 2011-07-21 19:10 GMT]
Collapse

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
SDL Knowledge Base Jul 21, 2011

I hope this article helps http://kb.sdl.com/
Article ID: 3693

I cannot suggest a solution because I am not a Studio user, but I am sure that Paul (from SDL Support) will help.

Selcuk

Argentina
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Selcuk Jul 21, 2011

I will try it!!!

Thanks for your help:)

Greetings,
Mariana

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

I hope this article helps http://kb.sdl.com/
Article ID: 3693

I cannot suggest a solution because I am not a Studio user, but I am sure that Paul (from SDL Support) will help.

Selcuk

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:28
Member (1970)
English
Good advice from Selcuk... Jul 21, 2011

... in the KB. If you extract the project files and recreate the project then you will be able to translate but you won't be able to create the return package, which your client might want to update their Project.

I would ask for the package via ftp if your email is corrupting the file.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009- Can't download File from e-mail

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search