Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:51
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 22, 2011

G'day everyone

A client sent me a two directory trees to translate. The trees look the same, except the one contains TTX files and the other contains source DOC files.

1. Is there a way to merge all files into a single, temporary TTX file, to facilitate translation? I can then re-translate all TTX files against the TM.

2. When it comes to cleaning the files and updating the files, how does it work... do I have to make sure that the DOC and TTX file of each file is in the same subdirectory, or will Trados know how to deal with sibling folder trees?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:51
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merging TTX files Jul 22, 2011

Samuel Murray wrote:
1. Is there a way to merge all files into a single, temporary TTX file, to facilitate translation? I can then re-translate all TTX files against the TM.

I quickly wrote one:
http://wikisend.com/download/277774/ttxmerger.zip

2. When it comes to cleaning the files and updating the files, how does it work... do I have to make sure that the DOC and TTX file of each file is in the same subdirectory, or will Trados know how to deal with sibling folder trees?

I still don't know the answer to my question, but I had to deliver the files and I solved the problem by merging the two folders into one (by copying both folders into another folder) and making two copies of the merged folder -- one for clean and one for unclean -- and then deleting the DOCs from the one folder and TTXes from the other folder afterwards.

Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Trados glue / Trados Synergy Jul 22, 2011

There is a standard application within Trados 2007 that "glues" multiple ttx files (and unglues too). I do not like the idea too much since there is the Synergy application which allows one to create a project and safely translate the files one by one while tracking the progress etc. My current project is 3347 files in 160 folders. These do not require the sources being html by their nature though and Synergy will just dump the target html files into the same folders.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multi-file nested folders in TTX

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search