Error during installation of Synergy component of Trados 2007
Thread poster: roak
roak
United States
German to English
Jul 24, 2011

When installing the Trados 2007 package, all the components get installed ona after another. When installing Synergy, the error "You must install Microsoft .Net Framework version 2 or higher before installing this product." is displayed. On searching through the knowledgebase, I was taken to the page:
http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.958341300487518

It says Microsoft states that the problem can be fixed with an update to the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. On clicking the provided (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209/), I see that there are two updates viz. x86 and x64. I am wondering which of these updates need to be downloaded to resolve this issue. Do I install both? My operating system is Windows XP.

I shall greatly appreciate a quick response.

Warm Regards

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You need the component for Windows XP Jul 24, 2011

this is the x86 one, unless your operating system is 64 bit.

roak
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I thought as much.... Jul 24, 2011

It did strike me, but I wanted someone to reconfirm. My OS is 32 bit, so I shall go for the first one ie x86.

Thanks so much for the lightning quick response. Much appreciated.

roak
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
All three files to be installed? Jul 24, 2011

There are three .EXE files in that update.
1) NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
2) NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
3) NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

My system gets updated very regularly and I have .NET framework 2.0, 3.0 and the 3.5 SP1 on my system.
I get the impression that each of these files need to be downloaded. Can you advise which of these files need to be downloaded?
Many Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2011-07-24 14:12 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, I don't know Jul 24, 2011

I do not use Synergy, so even if I got it installed on my Win 7 Ultimate 64 machine, never paid any attention to what got installed with Synergy TBH.

In case of doubt I would install all files. Should you already have one installed, the system will tell you that. Microsoft software is much better than the general attitude against it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error during installation of Synergy component of Trados 2007

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search