INDD files and SDL Trados 2007
Thread poster: Rocio Montero

Rocio Montero  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2011

Hi,

I have an offer about translating documents which are INDD files (InDesign) but I don't know if SDL Trados 2007 can work this file format out. I have researched about it in Google and some say INDD files belong to the CS1 version, others, to the CS5.

I have also read a topic on ProZ about INX files (InDesign related too) in which someone states that with SLDX you can work INX + INDD files without having InDesign installed on your computer. Is that true?.

I'm thankful for any feedback related to InDesign / Trados interface topics in general.

Best regards

Ro

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:39
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Must export as INX Jul 26, 2011

Trados 2007 will process INX files (their bilingual format will be TTX), but you must export the INX files from InDesign as far as I am aware.

Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
INDD and SDLX Jul 26, 2011

Thanks, Tomás, I suppose that INDD files work that way too, but working with TagEditor implies that InDesign has to be installed on your PC.

As far as I know INX files can be worked with TagEditor, but I'm more interested in knowing about a potential interface between INDD and SDLX with no need of having InDesign on your harddrive.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:39
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can process INX files in TagEditor without InDesign on your system Jul 26, 2011

Same applies to SDLX AFAIK, but you definitely NEED InDesign to export INDD to INX.
Please also be aware, that it is impossible to buy a version of InDesign today, which would be able to export INX files, as starfting from CS5 (the current version is CS5.5) only IDML export is supported.

Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's my initial thought Jul 26, 2011

...that I do NEED to have an older InDesign version installed on my PC anyway

Thanks to you both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INDD files and SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search