Thread poster: Thomas Seligmann

Thomas Seligmann  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 00:20
French to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2011

Good evening,

There are other issues on here similar to mine but not identical so I have created this thread.

I am using Tag Editor for a project. I translated it yesterday, now I have come back today to review and edit it. The Tag Editor file and Workbench have loaded no problem, TM is all there. But Tag Editor will not let me change anything in the segments, it will only let me open or close a segment, not do open/close/get or anything like that!

I'm really hoping there's a simple explanation for this, it should only take a short time as it's only a 300 word document but I've been here an hour and can't even edit it!!

Thanks for any help!

Workbench 8.3.0.863, part of Trados 2007
Tag Editor exactly the same version.

Direct link Reply with quote

Luxembourg
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Stop press! Jul 27, 2011

Edit - it is sorted now - all I did was exit and go into TE again. But why was this necessary, was I doing anything wrong in the first place?

Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
When this happens Jul 27, 2011

Then press connect to workbench button in Tageditor. It's usually gray, but if it's not connected to workbench, it's a blue workbench icon just next to tag buttons on the top toolbar.

Luxembourg
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 27, 2011

Lennart Luhtaru wrote:

Then press connect to workbench button in Tageditor. It's usually gray, but if it's not connected to workbench, it's a blue workbench icon just next to tag buttons on the top toolbar.

Thank you, I will do that next time!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor issue - won't let me edit, only open and close segment

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search