chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:58
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 28, 2011

Hi experts,

I have Trados Freelance 7.0 and Windows XP. I am unable to export or import my memory and whenever I try to do so, the Workbench gets stuck and it advises me to reorganise and when I try to organise, the Workbench again gets stuck after analyzing a certain number of segments. Not only this, while translating, sometimes the Workbench gives a message that the database is corrupt and I should export it and create a new memory, which I can't make as explained above.

In view of this annoying problem, I am thinking of preparing a new memory with the help of all unclean files which I have. However, I want to seek the opinions of experts before doing so because an inadvertent error may cause the same problem. How should I identify that a particular file is corrupt and I should not clean it? Is there any way to find out the safe files to clean in order to re-make the memory because if I clean a faulty file, it could defeat the whole process?

I look forward to your valuable replies.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Precautions while re-creating a memory from unclean files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search