Cannot IMPORT previous MultiTerm database into MultiTerm 2009 new database
Thread poster: Carlos Sampaio
Carlos Sampaio
Local time: 04:45
English to Portuguese
Jul 29, 2011

(SDL MultiTerm 8.1.1107.0 / SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP1)

Dear All,
I seem to have done everything right: Converted old MultiTerm database file, etc. "Help" tells me now to go to the new (2009) database I created and open the "Catalog" view. By doing this, a "Navigation tree" should appear under the new termbase name. But it doesn't. In it I would find "Import" and would import the converted file into the new database. What have I done wrong, for my dog's sake?!
Thanks.
claudio s.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:45
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Choosing the right Catalog? Jul 29, 2011

I don't know if this is the problem, but what you need is not the Catalog menu, but rather the Catalog option you see on the bottom left of your screen, that opens a panel called Catalog on the left hand side of your screen where you should see the termbase with the tree for importing, exporting, etc.

Also, make sure the right termbase is open.

And something just occurred to me, why not open old termbases directly in Multiterm? This is what I usually do and Multiterm will just tell me that the termbase was created with an older version of the software and asks for my confirmation before updating it. That saves a lot of time and headaches with conversion.

As a side note, you may want to consider upgrading to SP4.

[Edited at 2011-07-29 22:25 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot IMPORT previous MultiTerm database into MultiTerm 2009 new database

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search