Trados 2007 bilingual file and missing segments
Thread poster: sarahbenson

sarahbenson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 30, 2011

Hi,

I am used to translating in Trados 2009 however as a client wants bilingual files I am currently translating in 2007 which I am finding significantly slower. I have two questinos:

I seem to have missed a couple of segments out but I can't seem to go back to or reopen them at all. How can I do this?

Is there any way to work in Studio and then use 2007 to create a bilingual file afterwards?

Thanks very much

Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 17:54
Spanish to French
+ ...
TagEditor? Jul 30, 2011

Hi Sarah,

This sounds like a badly formatted Word file (or one with a lot of graphics or a very long file).
I've had this kind of issue in the past.
Would working in TagEditor be an option? And if you try it, does it work?
Yes, you can always work in Studio and then export your TM and import it in the Worbench to run it on a copy of the original file in Trados WB. However, you might come across tags in the process, which might need to be added manually on the go.

HTH
Nicolas

sarahbenson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tageditor and 2009 Jul 30, 2011

Thank you Nicolas.

I have started again using the TM I had so I could translate the segments I'd missed out. It still keeps giving me things like:

to translate though and I'm not sure that's right.

I think I will try working in 2009 and then opening it in tageditor afterwards to get a bilingual file...if that's possible

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 bilingual file and missing segments

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search