Copy/pasting in Studio
Thread poster: e_kruid
e_kruid
Canada
French to English
Aug 1, 2011

Hi--

I'm having trouble with copying and pasting into Studio. I have many titles which have been translated that I want to enter into a document, but they are a different size. Is there a way to paste them, keeping target formatting (at least text size)? Like the "keep text only" option in Word?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:10
Italian to English
Shouldn't matter Aug 1, 2011

I am pretty sure that with Studio, what you see is not what you get. What you paste should end up like the source format (in my case I set all the fonts to the same, a larger size, so I can read them more easily on the screen). If not highlight the test in target and then press control and click on the source area. This should highlight the formatting and switch it.

Hope this helps.
Eileen

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy/pasting in Studio

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search