Thread poster: Kate White

Kate White
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2011

Hi all,

Although I am familiar with Trados 2007, I am using Tageditor for a job for the first time and am having some problems. Firstly, a message is coming up quite frequently which says "At least one tag is missing in the target segment". I can't seem to remedy it with the get next placeable/get current placeable buttons. Then, when I try and save the document as target it says "Error while converting to word document".

I realise these could be very basic questions but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Many thanks in advance,

Katie

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:31
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Copy the source segment Aug 3, 2011

Indeed. If TagEditor reports that you have missing tags, you should definitely add them.

The safest way to work with TagEditor is to copy the source segment every time you see a tag in it, and then replace the source text with your translation, minding the tags (all and the exact tags in the source must be present in the target).

Now that you have already translated the file and have problems with it, the best you can do to pinpoint the trouble segments is to go the beginning of the file, open the first segment, and then use Translate To Fuzzy. This will quickly go through all segments and TagEditor will stop in the segments with missing or wrong tags. In these segments, make sure you copy all the tags from the source segment to their corresponding locations in the target segment. Once you have done this, you should be able to hit Translate To Fuzzy again to pinpoint the next trouble segment.

I reckon this should allow you to correct all tag issues in your document. Good luck!

Kate White
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 3, 2011

Thanks so much, I took your advice and now it works fine!

Best wishes,

Katie

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:31
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nice! Aug 3, 2011

Great. Always glad to help! Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Tageditor

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search