Cristina Demurtas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:00
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2011

Hi there,

I have recently started to look into getting myself a Translation tool to help me with my translation job.

At the moment I am working part time, mainly to small projects of no more than 10k, and I thought that the SDL starter pack seems a much cheaper alternative to the full package.

Also, the work flow I have at the moment does not leave me with much "cash to splash", that's why I started looking into this option.

I would like to know if any of you as ever used it, or heard of it, and can recommend it.

Is it really helpful, or should I wait a bit longer and invest in the whole package?

Thanks a lot to anyone who will answer.

Direct link Reply with quote

Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
free Wordfast Aug 4, 2011

I would advise you www.freetm.com for the beginning. It's free.
If you want to get used to SDL Software, then you can use the trial mode (I think it's 30 days free) and then decide upon using the starter pack, but it doesn't have all the features. You can compare the SDL Packs on their website to have an idea about what will you receive for the price.

Cristina Demurtas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Starter Edition as an alternative for beginners Aug 4, 2011

Thanks a lot, I will look into it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Starter Edition as an alternative for beginners

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search