Out of work: my licenses for Trados 2007 have gone. Trados, can you help me?
Thread poster: Harry Heijkoop

Harry Heijkoop  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 4, 2011

Years ago I lost one of my two licenses for Trados 2007, due to a crashing machine. The folks at Trados helped me out by creating a new license for me, so I could also use my laptop.
When I returned that license to install it on a new laptop, that one also disappeared. This time Trados did not react on my questions, but maybe I could not reach the correct person. That has been going on for two years. Since I could without problems return my last license and place it on my laptop vv, I did not see this as a great problem.
But today that did not work. I could not return my license due to error 50040, and when I tried restarting Trados I had to reinstall my license, which did not work on account of there being no license on the Trados Server.

Dear people at Trados, PLEASE HELP! I cannot work now, have still 20.000 words to do this week.....

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:58
English
Use the Solution Finder Aug 4, 2011

Hi,

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I have lost one of my license activations.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Portugal
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did and it worked Aug 4, 2011

I had done this about a year ago, without ever receiving a reaction. This time I have submitted a request again, directly after posting my message here, and I must say the reaction came within half an hour. And I am up and running again,
Thank you guys at Trados!

Portugal
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.... but not anymore Aug 11, 2011

Today I could not start Trados. All licenses had disappeared, both for 2009 and 2007. License server could not be reached. So I have a pile of work that I cannot do.
Let's say that I am beginning to be a little bit disturbed of the way the licensing system of Trados works... Too crazy that I have to keep asking these people to reinstall licenses.
Is a local backup of the licenses possible?

Portugal
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... well... they are back.... Aug 11, 2011

It appears that the Flexnet License service from Macrovision (eh???) was not running. That service checks for all local licenses, but also whether another pc in the network uses a Trados license. Restarting the service helped (use Msconfig if this ever happens to you).
One frustration less....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Out of work: my licenses for Trados 2007 have gone. Trados, can you help me?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search