Thread poster: ma1cius
ma1cius
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:03
French to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2011

I am using Studio 2009 Professional SP3

A translator has sent me a translated SDLXLIFF file to check, not as a package and not as a project.

Is there any way of opening this in Review mode?

If I Open Document it opens in translation mode and although it appears in the Files view I can't open it in Review mode because it is already open in translation mode.

If I don't Open Document or if I close it having opened it, the file does not appear in the Files view so I cannot open it there for Reviewing.

It may be that I am missing something obvious. Can I create a project with an already translated document in order to review it, or is there a simpler way?

I look forward to all your helpful suggestions.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

merinber
Germany
Local time: 00:03
German to English
Review mode for individual file Aug 8, 2011

After you open the individual sdlxiff file, you must first save it. It then will appear as a project with one file in the Project view. Return to the File view and the sdlxliff file will, of course, also appear there. Right-click the file to access the review mode option.

ma1cius
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. It worked. Aug 8, 2011

Thanks. I am undecided as to whether this counts as missing something obvious or not.

[Edited at 2011-08-08 15:07 GMT]

George Cook
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Things are only obvious if you know them Aug 8, 2011

ma1cius wrote:

Thanks. I am undecided as to whether this counts as missing something obvious or not.

Not obvious, really. Basically, opening and then saving a file (be it a bilingual sdlxliff or even your original source file) using "Open Document" will create a working project, so you can then perform any tasks you would normally from within a project (particularly useful if you just want to analyze without all the setting up of projects and assigning of TMs etc).

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:03
English
Maybe use a Review Project? Aug 8, 2011

Hi,

One option might be to create a Project for Review that contains all the language pairs you work with. Then when you get single SDLXLIFF files like this you can add these files to the Project already created and open them for review.

Another might be if you already had a Project for this you could replace the one in your target language folder (rename the original just in case) with the one you were sent and then open it for Review with all the TMs and Termbases available that you wanted to work with.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 Review mode for individual file

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search