URGENT - User ID needed to import 2007 TM files into 2009 Studio.
Thread poster: Isabelle F. BRUCHER
Isabelle F. BRUCHER  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 21:29
English to French
+ ...
Aug 8, 2011

Dear All,

My SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance (free trial I downloaded yesterday, I bought the full package this morning but only downloaded the 2007 package to save time right now) is refusing to import 2007 TM files : I first have to go to the "Translators workbench" (?), then get myself a "User ID".

I cannot find any of these key words on the screen, in the Trados menus, nor in the help menu...

Can you help me on this, please ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

isabrucher

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcin Rogóż
Poland
You can find/set User ID under Settings menu in Trados Workbench Aug 8, 2011

Hello,

I have never encountered this error, but your user ID is available in Trados Workbench (part of Trados 2007) - click Settings menu and there you will have an "User ID..." entry, where you can set or check you User ID.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Marcin Rogóż

Isabelle F. BRUCHER  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help, Marcin ! Aug 16, 2011

Thank you for your help, Marcin !

yanadeni  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:29
French to Russian
+ ...
Did it work? Aug 16, 2011

Hi Isa

Did it work?
I have the same problem but nothing works for me. I even opened a ticket at SDL Support. While waiting for them to reply, I just wondered anybody knows a solution.

UPD:
Answer found here: http://boardreader.com/thread/Trados_2009_Sp3_closes_unexpectedly_on_m_67v1sX3xp4.html
(reply 5)

[Edited at 2011-08-16 20:10 GMT]

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:29
French to English
+ ...
Settings menu? Sep 12, 2011

Hello,

I'm also new to Trados and have downloaded Studio and 2007 as instructed but a client has asked me to convert a 2007 memory for the first time and I've got the same problem. It's asking me for a User ID but I can't even find the Settings menu in Trados 2007 to set up an ID! No doubt it's obvious when you know but I've en searched in the idex for settings and nothing came up, which is a little worrying really.

Many thanks.

Claire

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The Settings menu is in Trados Workbench Sep 12, 2011

Hi Claire,

Open Trados SDL Trados Translator's Workbench, that's where you will find the Settings menu.

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Thank you Sep 12, 2011

Thanks you Nora - I'd been looking (hopelessly!) at the Trados Synergy screen, not realising that I had to go to the individual component parts on the LH side. How ridiculous that you should have to go back to an older programme, which you have no desire or intention of using, to do something on a more recent programme! I've done the beginners' webinar for Trados, but you really shouldn't have to do a beginner's webinar for an older program in order to use it!

Settings now found, a user ID set up and the TM seems to have been upgraded successfully.

Much appreciated.

Claire

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Upgrading TMs Sep 12, 2011

Claire Cox wrote:

a client has asked me to convert a 2007 memory

You don't need to go through Trados 2007 to do this. Open Studio >home window>upgrade translation memories.
The wizard will take you through all the steps. You can upgrade tmw and txt this way.

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Yes but... Sep 12, 2011

Hi Emma,

Yes, this is what I tried in the first instance, but it wouldn't let me proceed until I'd gone back into Trados 2007 and set up a User ID. Once I'd done that it worked fine - very strange!

Thanks ,

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT - User ID needed to import 2007 TM files into 2009 Studio.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search