Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Aug 8, 2011

I searched for a command that would automatically translate all segments until a less than 100% match was found, but could not find it in the shortcut list. Only Move to next and move to previous (congratulation to the SDL team to include Move to previous after 10 years of ignorance).

I know I can let Studio pre-translate, but I need the function in the editor.

I use the default profile.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:13
English
Not a real "Translate to Fuzzy" Aug 8, 2011

Hello Heinrich,

The command to do what you have described is ctrl+enter (in the default setup), or from the toolbar Translation - Confirm and move to next unconfirmed segment. So yopu can open a document, select your TM and go to the first segment. Press this command and it will run through until it finds a less than 100% match.

What I think you may be after is the one that will run though all confirmed segments in a translated document and will stop when the match in the TM is different to that in the translated document?

This would be what I believe is "Translate to Fuzzy" and it will be in Studio 2011.

Regards

Paul

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, thanks Aug 8, 2011

Ctrl + Enter works fine.
But what kind of spellcheck software is at work in Studio. It marks perfectly correct Words with red underline. Can I use Word's spellcheck instead?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:13
English
Hunspell... Aug 8, 2011

... but in Studio 2011 you get the option as we have added MSWord.

If you want MSWord now then use the sdlxliff converter to take all the translation into word, review in there with words tools and import the corrections back in again.

SDL XLIFF Converter for MS Office : http://tinyurl.com/sdlxliffconverter

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I "translate to fuzzy" in Studio?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search