Konstantinos Karanikas B.Sc. Electr. Eng., MITI
Greece
Local time: 00:25
English to Greek
+ ...
Aug 8, 2011

Hello everyone

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help out in this matter:

I am working on a project that came in the form of a package for SDL TRADOS Studio 2009.
The package contains about 1000 individual files.

My tasks involve translation and reviewing of various files in the package.

As work progresses I need to make changes for various terms in previous files. Opening and closing 1000 files again and again is not an opti
... See more
Hello everyone

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help out in this matter:

I am working on a project that came in the form of a package for SDL TRADOS Studio 2009.
The package contains about 1000 individual files.

My tasks involve translation and reviewing of various files in the package.

As work progresses I need to make changes for various terms in previous files. Opening and closing 1000 files again and again is not an option.

I found an applet on the SDL OpenExchange site, which promises to do just that. The applet is SDL Batch Find and Replace_4.

After installation and opening the tool, the first tab requests adding in files, and there are two options: 1) add files individually, with an extension .sdlxliff or,
2) load files from a project, with an extension .sdlproj

There is a snag here, however:
When I press either option and start looking in the project folder for files, the tool does not see the package which has an extension .sdlppx (this is where the .sdlxliff files are located).
This is obvious, since the extensions differ, but the tool has no other extension options!

How to I circumnavigate this problem?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Collapse

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:25
Member (1970)
English
You need to open the Package first Aug 8, 2011

Hi babaloo,

A *.sdlppx is a package that you need to eopn in Studio first. Once you have done this you will have a Project that contains one *.sdlproj and all the *.sdlxliff files in the project.

Dragging the *.sdlproj to the search and replace application will allow you to work across every single file in the project. Using the individual *.sdlxliff files allows you to be more selective.

Regards

Paul

Konstantinos Karanikas B.Sc. Electr. Eng., MITI
Greece
Local time: 00:25
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 9, 2011

Dear Paul hi

The tool works like a "Smooth Operator" !!!
Thank you very much for your invaluable help and Great Work !!!
Keep it up!

Kind regards
Aris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Find&Replace terms in multiple files in SDL Studio 2009 when reviewing

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search