Thread poster: Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:49
Portuguese to English
Aug 10, 2011

Hi all,

I'm using Naunce DragonSpeak 9.5 with Studio 2009 and after dictating a target segment, I have to then manually correct the first word of each target segment by changing the first letter to Upper case. Is there a setting in Studio for this as there is in MS Word ? It would save a great deal of time.

thanks in advance

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:49
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I usually use the Dragon command Aug 10, 2011

The way I solve this is by starting my dictation with the command to start with a capital for those segments that require an initial capital letter, since not all segments do.

But if anything, I think this should be resolved in Dragon, not in Studio. I don't know if this is available in Dragon 9.5, but in Dragon 11 you can go to the Vocabulary Editor, scroll all the way to the top, find the New line command, click on Properties and under Following word format, choose Initial cap (pl
... See more
The way I solve this is by starting my dictation with the command to start with a capital for those segments that require an initial capital letter, since not all segments do.

But if anything, I think this should be resolved in Dragon, not in Studio. I don't know if this is available in Dragon 9.5, but in Dragon 11 you can go to the Vocabulary Editor, scroll all the way to the top, find the New line command, click on Properties and under Following word format, choose Initial cap (please note my Dragon is in Spanish, so the names of the commands in English may be different).

[Edited at 2011-08-10 23:32 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Studio 2009 auto capitalize the first letter of the target segment

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »