Help with unlocking tags in TagEditor
Thread poster: Jaime Valencia
Jaime Valencia
Local time: 16:59
Aug 10, 2011

Hi,

Im working with TagEditor 8.3.0.863, translating from English into Spanish, and I need to open and translate some segments with figures in them.

To give an example, I need to translate 9.5 into 9,5 (the decimal symbol in Spanish is a comma).

Well, short, I can't open these segments. I've unlocked the tag protection but still I can't open them. As far as I know, I can't open these segments because they are not enclosed by a enclosed 'TU' tags.

I'm not experienced with TagEditor and I'm sure there must be a easy way to solve this... I would heartily welcome any help, as I have a tight deadline this time.

Thanks in advance,

Jaime

[Edited at 2011-08-10 17:09 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Tools - Options - Protection Aug 10, 2011

and switch the document protection off.
Then you will be able to edit such segments manualy - there is no way to force Trados 2007 to open number-only segments.
Or you edit the numbers afterwards in target format.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not possible Aug 10, 2011

That is one of the biggest flaws in the whole TagEditor concept: it simply ignores segments containing only numbers, so you have to localise the numbers manually, without any help and with no memory of the effort.

So, as bad developers say.... "Live with it!".

Luckily other products (like memoQ for instance) let you work on the numbers and can help you a lot localising them.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Or of course.... Aug 10, 2011

... a more recent version of Trados

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with unlocking tags in TagEditor

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search