Verena Milbers  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:16
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Aug 12, 2011

Dear all,

when I imported the TM created with Trados 2007 into Trados Studio 2009, I could see that all translated sentences translated with 2007 had been successfully imported. So I continued the new texts under Trados 2009. I finished the document and everything was fine. But when the customer wanted to have the TM I could not find it into my files! there are only 4 / 5 files because the one which normally contains the TM is missing!!! any idea how that is possible ??? Is there th
... See more
Dear all,

when I imported the TM created with Trados 2007 into Trados Studio 2009, I could see that all translated sentences translated with 2007 had been successfully imported. So I continued the new texts under Trados 2009. I finished the document and everything was fine. But when the customer wanted to have the TM I could not find it into my files! there are only 4 / 5 files because the one which normally contains the TM is missing!!! any idea how that is possible ??? Is there the possibility to create one with help of the sdlxliff docs? thank you so much

[Modifié le 2011-08-12 14:31 GMT]

[Modifié le 2011-08-12 14:32 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
--- Aug 12, 2011

Studio TM has the .sdltm extension, and this is a single file. Export it into TMX format to send to the client (don't forget to update the TM beforehand by choosing Project > batch tasks > update main TM).

Verena Milbers  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM found Aug 12, 2011

I found it on my deskop in another file. it has been updated automatically. thx

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (1970)
English
Sending the TM to the Client Aug 12, 2011

Hi Verena,

Natalie is correct, but if you only want to send a TM for the work you have finished than it is the Project TM you want to export. If you created a project using a Project TM then you will find this *.SDLTM in the Project folder, probably in a folder called Tm and then within a subfolder split into whatever languages are in your Project.

If you didn't use a Project TM then no problem. You can create an empty TM now in TM Maintenance. It will appear in the
... See more
Hi Verena,

Natalie is correct, but if you only want to send a TM for the work you have finished than it is the Project TM you want to export. If you created a project using a Project TM then you will find this *.SDLTM in the Project folder, probably in a folder called Tm and then within a subfolder split into whatever languages are in your Project.

If you didn't use a Project TM then no problem. You can create an empty TM now in TM Maintenance. It will appear in the list on the left when you do this. Once complete just right-click on the name and select import, then choose your *.SDLXLIFF, making sure you pick the one from the appropriate target language folder or there may not be any translations in it..!

Once this is complete you can right-click again and select export, this time exporting as a *.TMX as Natalie explained. This will then contain only the TM for the translation you completed.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM MISSING

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search