Thread poster: Amanda Jane Lowles

Amanda Jane Lowles  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:55
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2011

There must be a way to do this! In TRADOS 2009 I have opened the source text and created a TM (so far so good). My question is, how can I insert the target text (already translated but in 'word') into the bilingual file without it going in only 1 segment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! Amanda Jane

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (1970)
English
Can you elaborate a little? Aug 14, 2011

Hi Amanda,

I'm not sure from your description whether you want to translate a bi-lingual word document in Studio or whether you have translated a doc file in Word and have a bilingual word file and now want to do the same thing in Studio so you have an sdlxliff?

To do the former you will need to wait for Studio 2011 (or export your SDLTM and use this to pretranslate in Word):

Studio 2011 Series : The Return of the Bilingual Word File Type : ...
See more
Hi Amanda,

I'm not sure from your description whether you want to translate a bi-lingual word document in Studio or whether you have translated a doc file in Word and have a bilingual word file and now want to do the same thing in Studio so you have an sdlxliff?

To do the former you will need to wait for Studio 2011 (or export your SDLTM and use this to pretranslate in Word):

Studio 2011 Series : The Return of the Bilingual Word File Type : http://tinyurl.com/Studio2011-bilingualword

To do the latter you just open the doc file in Studio, and also select your Trados TM (the TMW file). The TMW will be upgraded to an SDLTM and you will receive matches from this to help translate the doc in Studio. They are very unlikely to be the same but if you set the match value (I won't explain here until I know how much information you need) low enough it should be a help to translate the file. You can also do this for the whole document by using the pre-translate batch task.

Lots of information and possibly confusing so better to understand what you actually trying to do and then I can narrow down the advice.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Amanda Jane Lowles  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TRADOS 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Thank you for your reply Paul. I think I'll have to wait for the 2011 edition!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inserting a target text into a file in TRADOS 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search