https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/205408-unistallation_advice_required.html

Unistallation advice required
Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
English to French
+ ...
Aug 14, 2011

Hello!

After purchasing the relatively expensive Trados Studio 2009 a few weeks ago, my ability to use it came to a standstill after a couple of weeks. I posted my problem here on the forum in the hope someone could help (see link below)
... See more
Hello!

After purchasing the relatively expensive Trados Studio 2009 a few weeks ago, my ability to use it came to a standstill after a couple of weeks. I posted my problem here on the forum in the hope someone could help (see link below).

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/203494-initial_language_setup_required_every_time_i_open_studio_and_then_access_denied.html

I also went onto the SDL website several times to see if I could get support, only to see that the only support likely to help me in this instance is to subscribe to a paid support contract. I could not see anything helpful in the Knowledge base/existing documentation posted on their site.

I am getting more and more impatient to be able to use my software and quite frustrated that there is no readily available technical support provided after purchasing this expensive product.

I have considered uninstalling and reinstalling to try and solve my problem, but could anyone tell me how do I go about it without fear of losing my license? Ie, is it possible to uninstall and reinstall (Vista OS) still using the original licence?

Many thanks in anticipation for your help.

Corinne
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:25
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use license manager Aug 14, 2011

First you most return your license, remove the installation and then re-install it.

[Bearbeitet am 2011-08-14 11:58 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:25
English
Use the Solution Finder to raise a support case Aug 14, 2011

Hi Corinne,

You are entitled to free licensing and installation support if you have problems. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Tra
... See more
Hi Corinne,

You are entitled to free licensing and installation support if you have problems. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2009.
--- I receive an error message that is different from the ones listed here.
---- I deleted the three files, but I still get an error message.

Try deleting the three files referred to first... instructions are provided when you get to this point. If it still fails then go to the next step in the Solution Finder and this will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:25
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 14, 2011

Thank you for your reply.

I have already spent the afternoon doing what Paul suggested, and even tried to fix the installation of Studio on my computer, to no avail.

I have logged a support ticket as you mentioned, with the error message details copied and pasted as required. I am just unsure how I will be contacted as this form did not ask for any contact details, I assume my licence number is somewhere in the error message?

I will keep my fingers
... See more
Thank you for your reply.

I have already spent the afternoon doing what Paul suggested, and even tried to fix the installation of Studio on my computer, to no avail.

I have logged a support ticket as you mentioned, with the error message details copied and pasted as required. I am just unsure how I will be contacted as this form did not ask for any contact details, I assume my licence number is somewhere in the error message?

I will keep my fingers crossed that someone gets in touch with a solution in the next day or so as I have a job for which I will need Studio as I am also having problems opening a ppt file in Tageditor in Trados 2007...

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:25
English
You should have seen this Aug 14, 2011

Hi Corinne,

You need to enter your email address otherwise we will have trouble to contact you:

Your order number will help though.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2011-08-14 14:54 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unistallation advice required

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »