Thread poster: crista_b
crista_b
United States
Local time: 04:46
French to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2011

Hello,

I'm having the problem right now where my workbench (Trados 2007) won't import a TM. I don't have the original TM because it was sent to me in a .txt file. I tried using Olifant to convert the file. I've tried importing the file as a TWB .txt file, a TMX 1.1 file, a TMX 1.4 file, and a TMX 1.4b file. Those are the only options I have, and none of them work. Nothing will allow me to import the file. When I import as a .txt file, it says 0 TU's imported, and when I import as any of the TMX files, I get the error message "(35000); SSLex0105e; Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 1".

Here's the header from the original file with the TM that was sent to me:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?
tmx version="1.4"
header creationtool="SDL Language Platform" creationtoolversion="8.0" o-tmf="SDL TM8 Format" datatype="xml"

Direct link Reply with quote

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:46
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
One TM or all Aug 18, 2011

Is this happening just for this TM? Have you tried others?

And this may sound silly, but are there definitely TUs in the text file?

Richard Foulkes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:46
German to English
+ ...
Or does the TM contain corrupt segments? Aug 18, 2011

If Hazel's suggestions show that there's a problem with the TM, it may contain corrupt segments.

Have a scroll through the .txt and see if anything unusual catches your eye (like huge strings of strange characters). If so, delete the corrupt segments and re-try the import.

Obvious suggestion, but it may be worth making a few copies of the .txt to play around with (if you haven't already done so).

[Edited at 2011-08-18 09:01 GMT]

crista_b
United States
Local time: 04:46
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for the advice Aug 18, 2011

@Hazel
I have imported and exported other TMs (many times) before and after this problem arose so it's definitely just this TM. And I opened the .txt file and there are TU's in it.

@Richard
I will look through the .txt file today for corrupted segments. I'm not super computer-savvy (but I do tend to understand the ins and outs of Trados pretty well) so I may not know what I'm looking at, but I'll try and also have a colleague take a look with me.

Thanks to both of you!

merinber
Germany
Local time: 11:46
German to English
Trados won't import Aug 22, 2011

The header you provided is incomplete and should look like this (of course with the pointy brackets):

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?
tmx version="1.4">
header creationtool="SDL Language Platform" creationtoolversion="8.0" o-tmf="SDL TM8 Format" datatype="xml" segtype="sentence" adminlang="de-DE" srclang="de-DE" creationdate="20110517T115651Z" creationid="LOCAL\USER NAME"
prop type="x-Source:MultipleString"/prop
prop type="x-Recognizers">RecognizeAll/prop
prop type="x-TMName">TM NAME DE-US/prop
/header

Where you have to provide the correct USER NAME and TM NAME. I would try adding the missing info and adjusting the creationdate. Also try 7.0 as the creationtoolversion, since 8.0 refers to Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench won't import TM

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search