Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:40
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Aug 20, 2011

Hi

I only tried out the Automated Translation in Studio 2009 today but one thing that bothers me is that the machine translation is automatically placed into the target (because I have "Apply best match after successful lookup" checked).
So I was wondering if there is a way to apply the best matches from my personal TMs but not to have the Automated Translation automatically applied in the target? The reason I ask is because I will rarely use the AT and it takes more work to e
... See more
Hi

I only tried out the Automated Translation in Studio 2009 today but one thing that bothers me is that the machine translation is automatically placed into the target (because I have "Apply best match after successful lookup" checked).
So I was wondering if there is a way to apply the best matches from my personal TMs but not to have the Automated Translation automatically applied in the target? The reason I ask is because I will rarely use the AT and it takes more work to edit it than to translate it from scratch, but it would be useful to be able to glance up at it in the concordance window for checking spelling and possible words to use.

One other question I have is why are no Automated Translations provided for upper case text?

Is there a setting somewhere for this?

thanks in advance

rich
Collapse

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:40
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
third time lucky? Sep 7, 2011

I'm gunna have one more go to see if I get a reply 'cause it would be really useful if there is a way to do what I'm after, while also trying to be clearer in my question and use the right terminology.

I wonder if there is a way to have best matches applied from my TMs but not from google translate. The reason I ask is because I will rarely use the AT as it takes more work to edit than to translate it from scratch, but it would be useful to be able to glance up at it in the Translat
... See more
I'm gunna have one more go to see if I get a reply 'cause it would be really useful if there is a way to do what I'm after, while also trying to be clearer in my question and use the right terminology.

I wonder if there is a way to have best matches applied from my TMs but not from google translate. The reason I ask is because I will rarely use the AT as it takes more work to edit than to translate it from scratch, but it would be useful to be able to glance up at it in the Translation Results window for checking spelling and possible words to use and possibly applying it through Emma's suggestion http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/202432-possible_to_use_google_translate_only_for_single_segments.html#1798546 using Alt+1, Alt+2 to apply the best option from the Translation Results window, or for small sentences where no or little editing is required.
Anyone please?

Rich

[Edited at 2011-09-07 02:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automated Translation in Studio 2009

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »