Thread poster: Tuncay Kurt

Tuncay Kurt  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2011

Hello All,

I have read about the former topics for customizing the shortcuts for Trados but those instructions it does NOT work for me! Yes I have tried to change it and i can see the new shortcuts I have chosen but STILL it does not work (Word 2007: Office button, Word Options, Customize, Keyboard shortcuts: Customize...etc)

I use MS Office 2007, Trados 2007, Windows 7, Laptop with a numbad. I was happy with MS Office 2003 and with (Alt +) or (Alt *) shortcut combinations but when with Word 2007 I need to use (Ctrl Alt +) which is annoying!

So can I really customize Trados shortcuts or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Tuncay

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:52
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe this will help Aug 24, 2011

Hi Tuncay,

You're right, it is possible to change Trados shortcuts in Word 2007.

Maybe a short video tutorial will help see if you're missing something:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2011/08/changing-trados-shortcuts-in-word-2007.html

Tuncay Kurt  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved... Aug 25, 2011

Nora Diaz wrote:

Hi Tuncay,

You're right, it is possible to change Trados shortcuts in Word 2007.

Maybe a short video tutorial will help see if you're missing something:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2011/08/changing-trados-shortcuts-in-word-2007.html

Hi Nora,
I have watched your tutorial video and tried it again. Even though I am sure I have done completely same things it worked this time Now I can use all shortcuts I want! I will consider other videos on youtube. Thanks a lot for your help.

Tuncay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing Trados Shortcuts?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search