"Index was out of Range" error when using SDL XLIFF converter to import file
Thread poster: Corianton Alcorn
Aug 23, 2011

I have been working on importing a Finnish file using the SDL XLIFF Converter of MS Office. I previously exported the file to the word DOCX format, the proofreader and translator worked on it and now we are putting it back in. However, I get the following error:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Do you want to continue conversion (problematic file will be skipped).

Any ideas?

... See more
I have been working on importing a Finnish file using the SDL XLIFF Converter of MS Office. I previously exported the file to the word DOCX format, the proofreader and translator worked on it and now we are putting it back in. However, I get the following error:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Do you want to continue conversion (problematic file will be skipped).

Any ideas?

I can send the relevant files to you if necessary.
Collapse

Corianton Alcorn
Corianton Alcorn
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you SDL Aug 26, 2011

Emailed SDL and the developers for htis app looked into it. Turned out that one of the tags in the word doc was not properly closed. I thought I checked closely, but missed one. So just know that this error can mean that a tag is not properly represented in the word table. In my case it was in the target column.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Index was out of Range" error when using SDL XLIFF converter to import file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »