MT Desktop 2009 doesn´t any longer show terms!
Thread poster: Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:54
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 25, 2011

Dear colleagues,

all of a sudden I am no longer able to edit my terms in the MT Desktop 2009 main application. This means when opening one of my term bases neither the entries can be looked up via the search window nor will the first entries be displayed by default. I just can see the very first entry and can only go on one by one with the arrow button in navigation.
I already tried to look if any settings have been changed: no result. I also erased the entire MT Desktop appli
... See more
Dear colleagues,

all of a sudden I am no longer able to edit my terms in the MT Desktop 2009 main application. This means when opening one of my term bases neither the entries can be looked up via the search window nor will the first entries be displayed by default. I just can see the very first entry and can only go on one by one with the arrow button in navigation.
I already tried to look if any settings have been changed: no result. I also erased the entire MT Desktop application and set it up new: the same result.
I run the application on a W7 machine. Terms will still be added and proposed when working with WB (Trados 2007). Do I again have a java related problem like with Multiterm 2007?

Best regards,

Matthias

[Bearbeitet am 2011-08-25 12:20 GMT]

Problem has been solved and could be located between my ears...

[Bearbeitet am 2011-08-25 20:31 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Side by Side tool? Aug 25, 2011

Hi Matthias,

[EDITED]

Please look here first to see if that's your problem:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/206149-wordbench_sees_only_one_term_in_termbase.html

... Otherwise:

have you used the Side-by-Side tool to switch from MT 2007 to MT 2009 and vice-versa?
You
... See more
Hi Matthias,

[EDITED]

Please look here first to see if that's your problem:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/206149-wordbench_sees_only_one_term_in_termbase.html

... Otherwise:

have you used the Side-by-Side tool to switch from MT 2007 to MT 2009 and vice-versa?
You have to do this, otherwise you mess up the settings for both MT versions.

Use the repair MT in the Side-by-Side tool. If this doesn't help, sorry, you need to repair the entire packages and eventually re-install. Make note of all this for the future.

In general:
For MT2007: make sure you have the - old - java version 1_4_2_08 installed. Never deinstall it

Note: if you also have / use MT Extract 2007, you will need to have this Java version installed FIRST and never deinstall it afterwards. (Otherwise: Error 101).

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2011-08-25 13:26 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, but that wasn´t the solution Aug 25, 2011

Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer.
No, Heinrich his problem is different and related to working in TagEditor/Workbench. My problem applies in the MT 2009 Desktop application only.
And it worked well for weeks from the point I installed MT 2009 because I erased MT 2007 before installing MT 2009, but since yesterday I cannot lookup terms in the MT 2009 application (the MT function in TagEditor/WB still works well) to edit, change or erase terms.
I never used MT extr
... See more
Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer.
No, Heinrich his problem is different and related to working in TagEditor/Workbench. My problem applies in the MT 2009 Desktop application only.
And it worked well for weeks from the point I installed MT 2009 because I erased MT 2007 before installing MT 2009, but since yesterday I cannot lookup terms in the MT 2009 application (the MT function in TagEditor/WB still works well) to edit, change or erase terms.
I never used MT extract and never installed it.

Best regards,

Matthias
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
[EDITED]MT 2009 doesn't work with Trados 2007 !! Aug 25, 2011

[EDITED]

Matthias,

you say you've erased MT 2007 and then "it works well in TagEditor & WB" ?!
That would be totally new for me: as this title says.

If you use WB/TagEditor you HAVE to use MT 2007, not 2009.

Mike

[ADD]
Correction: MT 2009 will indeed work with WB/TagEditor (as with SDLX 7080).
But the list of malfunctions and all the warnings mentionned in the Release Notes made it for me that I in fact never used
... See more
[EDITED]

Matthias,

you say you've erased MT 2007 and then "it works well in TagEditor & WB" ?!
That would be totally new for me: as this title says.

If you use WB/TagEditor you HAVE to use MT 2007, not 2009.

Mike

[ADD]
Correction: MT 2009 will indeed work with WB/TagEditor (as with SDLX 7080).
But the list of malfunctions and all the warnings mentionned in the Release Notes made it for me that I in fact never used it with Trados 2007, but using MT 2007 and going very fine...

So, I just forgot about this possibility of usage.

Sorry for the confusion,
Mike

[Edited at 2011-08-25 15:34 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Believe it or not... Aug 25, 2011

...but it is like I wrote:
Before I installed Studio, I erased MT 2007. Then installed Studio 2009 and MT 2009. MT 2009 worked well (although I had a lot of work to convert the old termbanks to MT 2009) and whenever I want to choose a termbank in WB of Trados 2007, I can do this (choosing a termbank of version MultiTerm 8). You maybe cannot do this. But that isn´t related in the least with the problems I experience now. So let´s wait what other members can contribute to my problem and no
... See more
...but it is like I wrote:
Before I installed Studio, I erased MT 2007. Then installed Studio 2009 and MT 2009. MT 2009 worked well (although I had a lot of work to convert the old termbanks to MT 2009) and whenever I want to choose a termbank in WB of Trados 2007, I can do this (choosing a termbank of version MultiTerm 8). You maybe cannot do this. But that isn´t related in the least with the problems I experience now. So let´s wait what other members can contribute to my problem and not to yours, thanks.

Best regards,

Matthias
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Huh? Aug 25, 2011

MikeTrans wrote:
MT 2009 doesn't work with Trados 2007 !!

Mike, who told you this?

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 21:55
Italian to German
+ ...
Post above: corrected Aug 25, 2011

Changed my post above!

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no problem Aug 25, 2011

...and thank you anyway for answering, Mike

Best regards,

Matthias

[Bearbeitet am 2011-08-25 15:39 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Launch Studio.bat Aug 25, 2011

Have you tryed this? It re-registers MT 2009.
Mike

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shame on me... Aug 25, 2011

...but I puzzled some view options (Browse / Hitlist) and now everything is okay...peinlich...!

Best regards,

Matthias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT Desktop 2009 doesn´t any longer show terms!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »