Fernando Domeniconi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:59
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 28, 2011

Hi

I am having a problem with TagEditor (Version 8.0 - 8.2.0.835). This is new and never happened to me before. The problem is: when I have a ttx file open AND a word document (or more) open, if I close the ttx document, all word files will close as well, without prompting for saving any changes.

Have anybody experienced the same thing and perhaps know what to do? It is not a big issue (now that I am aware), as I am saving my word documents before closing the ttx, but it can be annoying and I had to redo some work until I figured what was going on.

Thanks!
Fernando Domeniconi

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
That is just a logical consequence... Aug 28, 2011

of TagEditor using Word for spellchecking.
I must admit that did NOT happen to me at all, as I never use(d) TagEditor and Word in parallel, because then the spell checker in TE would not work properly.
The best way to avoid things like that is not to use Word an TE in parallel.

United States
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't know that... Aug 28, 2011

...and unfortunately it was not an option, as I was doing some QC, following alit os points to check that was provided by the client in word. But it is good to know, anyway. Thank you so much for the feedback, Jerzy!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:59
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use a PDF instead of Word in such cases Aug 28, 2011

As opening Word during the use of TagEditor always spoils the spell checking there (without any reports on that, it does NOT generate even an error, just stops working), it is quite a good idea to print the necessary Word file to PDF before starting to work wit TE.

United States
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes... Aug 28, 2011

I'll do that now that I know. I was afraid it could be some sort of issue with TE settings. Thanks, again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor Closing Word Documents

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search