Trados changing fonts
Thread poster: Lillian B Popmijatov
Lillian B Popmijatov
Local time: 17:07
French to Serbian
+ ...
Aug 29, 2011

Hi everyone,

I keep having the same problem with Trados - it changes the font in the word documents I translate (from Verdana 10 to Times New Roman 10). Is there any setting that I'm not aware of and that should be adjusted so that this wouldn't happen?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Biljana

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Many settings tbh Aug 29, 2011

And many answers in this forum and everywhere on the Internet.
To make things short: do not use Word for translation, switch to TagEditor or SDL Trados Studio to avoid changes in fonts.
If using Word is absolutely necessary, adapt the formatting in Word so, that the styles and local formatting do match.
Please refer to Word help in order to learn how to modify styles and change formatting.

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
This issue has been addressed Aug 29, 2011

many, many, many times, particularly by our patient Jerzy Czopik, who is our resident SDL Trados guru - I hope you don't mind this moniker, Jerzy!!

There is an awful lot of useful information on SDL Trados on these forums, and I have found answers to anything at all about Trados here. It is an incomparable resource for almost anything related to translating, and just fun and/or interesting to wander around in. It would certainly be to your advantage to learn how to use this feature.

On edit: Forgot the "/" between "and or"

[Edited at 2011-08-29 10:22 GMT]

Lillian B Popmijatov
French to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Jerzy, Aug 29, 2011

and for your patience

Best,

Biljana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados changing fonts

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search