Thread poster: Sherefedin MUSTAFA

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 15:52
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Aug 29, 2011

Hi all,

could you please help me find out how to restore my default project template in Studio 2009 SP3.
By error I have once selected the option "[x] Update the selected project template (SDL Trados) with any modifications made for this project" and as a consequence, there is a grey TM in the template which is perhaps of any influence, a preset language pair etc.

Is it possible to find somewhere the "genuine" default project template (SDL Trados) in order to rep
... See more
Hi all,

could you please help me find out how to restore my default project template in Studio 2009 SP3.
By error I have once selected the option "[x] Update the selected project template (SDL Trados) with any modifications made for this project" and as a consequence, there is a grey TM in the template which is perhaps of any influence, a preset language pair etc.

Is it possible to find somewhere the "genuine" default project template (SDL Trados) in order to replace the (modified) existing one without reinstalling the software?

TIA
Collapse

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 08:52
Spanish to French
+ ...
Reset to Defaults Aug 29, 2011

Hi Sherefedin,

In the File menu, select Setup>Project Templates>Edit... You should see a button called Reset to Defaults.
That should do the trick.

Good luck!
Nicolas

merinber
Germany
German to English
How to restore the default project template Aug 30, 2011

Assuming you are using Windows XP, the 3 default project templates are stored in:

C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\ProjectTemplates

Copy the ones you would like to restore to your personal project template folder, for example,:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\SDL Trados Studio\Project Templates

where username is your Windows user account name. That should do the trick.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both Aug 30, 2011

Nicolas and merinber for your useful suggestions.

My default template is correctly restored and I'm very happy with this.

KR,
Sherefedin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to restore the default project template

Advanced search

BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search