Thread poster: Stephanie Ezrol

Stephanie Ezrol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:23
Member (2009)
English
+ ...
Aug 30, 2011

I am using Trados Studio 2009 that I purchased this year. My understanding is that it is supposed to work with PDF documents.

I tried to open a PDF file, which is not marked read only, for the first time and I received the following message:

"error when pre-tweaking file: exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I re-started my computer and tried again and got the same result.
I was able to save the PDF file as text, and I was also ab
... See more
I am using Trados Studio 2009 that I purchased this year. My understanding is that it is supposed to work with PDF documents.

I tried to open a PDF file, which is not marked read only, for the first time and I received the following message:

"error when pre-tweaking file: exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I re-started my computer and tried again and got the same result.
I was able to save the PDF file as text, and I was also able to convert it to .docx using Adobe's online service. So it does not seem to make any sense that could not open it for translating.

The file is all text, with one box. I read through some of the threads here from the last two years but I am still stuck.
Collapse

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
use IOBIT Unlocker Aug 30, 2011

"Often when we try to delete a file or folder in Windows, we see annoying messages such as "Cannot delete file: Access is denied;" "Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program" "There has been a sharing violation;" "The source or destination file may be in use;" "The file is in use by another program or user;" "Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use;" or "Cannot read from the source file or disk." This is usually becaus... See more
"Often when we try to delete a file or folder in Windows, we see annoying messages such as "Cannot delete file: Access is denied;" "Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program" "There has been a sharing violation;" "The source or destination file may be in use;" "The file is in use by another program or user;" "Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use;" or "Cannot read from the source file or disk." This is usually because the file or folder is in use by another program or user. IObit Unlocker is an ideal tool for such situations. It releases the file or folder that's in use by other programs and allows you to quickly remove or modify it."

--> http://www.iobit.com/iobit-unlocker.html (it's free)

[Edited at 2011-08-30 16:27 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can not translate a PDF document that is not "Read Only"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search