https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/206527-multiterm_2007_reinstallation_problem_64_bit.html

Multiterm 2007 reinstallation problem 64 bit??
Thread poster: Michael Harris
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:58
Member (2006)
German to English
Aug 30, 2011

Hello everyone, I have been looking through the forums here and have not found a similar problem that I have - even if I may have "overseen" it.

I have had Trados 2007 running along with Multiterm 2007 on my Windows 7 computer and Vista laptop for ages. I purchased 2009 last year and installed it a few months ago.

Yesterday I wanted to import a database into Multiterm 7 but kept getting some error messages which I did not keep a record of. Anyway, I read the same datab
... See more
Hello everyone, I have been looking through the forums here and have not found a similar problem that I have - even if I may have "overseen" it.

I have had Trados 2007 running along with Multiterm 2007 on my Windows 7 computer and Vista laptop for ages. I purchased 2009 last year and installed it a few months ago.

Yesterday I wanted to import a database into Multiterm 7 but kept getting some error messages which I did not keep a record of. Anyway, I read the same database into Multiterm 8 with success. This is where my probles started, and funily enough, the same problem occurred on my laptop as well although I did not make any changes there.

At the end of the day, I threw out everything to do with studio 2009 and reinstalled Trados 2007 (FL_863) on my laptop and my computer, both worked fine. I also installed Multiterm successfully on my latop but, now the fun begins, I could not install it on my Windows 7 computer with the following message always appearing:

Nicht unterstützte 16 Bit Anwendung

Start.exe kann aufgrund einer Inkompatibilität mit 64 Bit versionen vom Windows nicht gestartet werden.

Great!

It was already installed on this computer. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Would be more than grateful for any help or links

Michael

P.S. I wanted to continue using 2009 but kept on getting error messages there as well and did not / do not have the time for such things
Collapse

Lin Xiaorong
Lin Xiaorong  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:58
English to Chinese
+ ...
try to install from the product folder Sep 2, 2011

don't click start.exe (typical trados icon- a man with 2 flags)
go to product folder and install multiterm from there.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:58
English
Lin is right Sep 2, 2011

Hi Michael,

Lin is right, it's only the start.exe splashscreen that is not compatible with 64bit. If you launch the installation using Setup.exe it should work.

By the way, you might not no that we provide free support for Installation and Licensing issues through our Solut
... See more
Hi Michael,

Lin is right, it's only the start.exe splashscreen that is not compatible with 64bit. If you launch the installation using Setup.exe it should work.

By the way, you might not no that we provide free support for Installation and Licensing issues through our Solution Finder: http://blog.sdl.com/blog/2011/01/where-can-i-find-support-for-sdl-products.html

Best Regards,
Luis
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 reinstallation problem 64 bit??

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »