Which SDL Trados training courses are available?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2011

For example, there are SDL Trados training courses available here at ProZ to purchase for around 100 USD.

In addition, are there any training courses (distance courses) offered by SDL Trados themselves?

A third alternative would be to attend classes at Approved Training Centers.

What are the differences between these three alternatives, the pros and cons?

For instance, are there any training courses offered in Swedish language? At which courses can I get an officially recognized certification? And what different types of certifications are there?

I would like to attend training courses for SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and for SDL Trados Studio 2009 (comprehensive training courses that cover all different tools like TagEditor, WinAlign, etc. (and SDLX which is included in SDL Trados 2007).

Direct link Reply with quote

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:43
German to English
+ ...
Reply deleted Sep 1, 2011

Sorry, I misread your post - long day. I know that SDL Trados offers training courses, but why don't you just check their website applicable to your region and see what's there? It would be different from Europe, I assume. I get newsletters from them announcing course offerings and other information, but personally I would be more interested in the webinars here at ProZ for various reasons. Hopefully a few others with more experience with this topic will check in.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2011-09-02 12:07 GMT]

Drew MacFadyen
Local time: 20:43
SITE STAFF
SDL Trados training delivered by ProZ.com Sep 2, 2011

http://www.proz.com/translator-training/topic/sdl-trados-certified is the list of currently available courses. The list is updated frequently and new courses are added often. We will be offering training on the new Studio 2011 when released this month as well.

The ProZ.com training for SDL Trados is a distance learning course taught via webinar - anyone with a computer and internet connection can attend. The courses also include the same sample files the trainer uses, a PDF manual and access to the certification exams - all for $99.

Of course there are other options for in-person training, but for a translator that is getting started with SDL Trados, the online training delivered by ProZ.com is the most convenient, least expensive means to obtain training on SDL Trados products.

Good luck, and thanks for considering ProZ.com for your software training needs.

Regards,

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search