Sofia Marina Christina Loddo
Sofia Marina Christina Loddo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:34
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2011

Hello
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2009. I need to access a remote server with the translation memories but in the dialog "Servers" the server is not available. I have tried to Delete and Add again. I also spoke to the PM and they have assured me that the problem is my side...
I also noticed that opening the program I had an error message informing me that the Automatic Update failed (The update server may not be available) and this confirms that the problem is not on the agency's si
... See more
Hello
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2009. I need to access a remote server with the translation memories but in the dialog "Servers" the server is not available. I have tried to Delete and Add again. I also spoke to the PM and they have assured me that the problem is my side...
I also noticed that opening the program I had an error message informing me that the Automatic Update failed (The update server may not be available) and this confirms that the problem is not on the agency's side.
Also I have the same problem both on my desktop pc and on my laptop!

....what can be the cause and any idea how to solve it?

Thanks
Sofia
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Firewall/Router/Proxy Sep 2, 2011

Dear Sofia,

This sounds like there is something in your network environment that is preventing you from connecting to various resources. As you are having issues connecting to a customer server and our own SDL servers, which are separate, this indicates that it is indeed on your side.

I would suggest to go through this KB
... See more
Dear Sofia,

This sounds like there is something in your network environment that is preventing you from connecting to various resources. As you are having issues connecting to a customer server and our own SDL servers, which are separate, this indicates that it is indeed on your side.

I would suggest to go through this KB Article and see if the steps apply: http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2321&p=1

Usually it will be your Firewall (either personal on the PC or on a Router you might be using), or you using a Proxy server (which you usually won't unless you are sitting in a corporate office)

Cheers,
Luis
Collapse

Sofia Marina Christina Loddo
Sofia Marina Christina Loddo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gone through article but still not solved Sep 2, 2011

Luis,
thank you for the information. Unfortunatelly even going through this article hasn't helped me solve the problem. Windows firewall is disabled and I also tried switching the antivirus program off completely. I don't think there is any UAC as I am using XP and cannot find it following the steps. I have administrator permissions.

...I know it sounds strange! I hope to find a solution soon, this feature is very important for this job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: The server is not responding

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »