Solution Finder: Did it really work?
Thread poster: Zhoudan

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 2, 2011

I lost one of my activations of Trados Freelance 2007 yesterday and submitted a report through Solution Finder at SDL Trados Translationzone yesterday afternoon, no reply was received yet. As I remember I forgot to indicate my order number, I submitted another more detailed report with the order number included. My question is: When can I expect SDLTrados to reply? Did you have similar experience and did you get your activations back?

I had an impression that Trados 2007 Freelance was provided with two activations and one extra. So I should have three activations, right?

If there are three activations, then I have lost two! Because I have only one computer with Trados activated, and my account at translationzone shows that I have no more activation left.

If this is the case, then the only thing I did wrong was in July when I cannot go into Windows system after I manually turned off the computer. I had to restore the system to the state when it was first purchased by pressing "Ctrl + F11". I guess this was how my first activation was lost. Yesterday, the system got so slow and I decided to have someone reformat it. I forgot to return the activation before reformatting my HDD! And this resulted in my loss of second activation.

Any input is welcome.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:29
English
Reply Sep 2, 2011

Hi Zhoudan,

I went looking for your incident and it has indeed been received and your codes were reset earlier this afternoon. So you should have an e-mail in your inbox confirming the reset by one of our colleagues.

Happy translating!

Cheers,
Luis

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 2, 2011

Thanks, Luis! They are back in my account. Now I am relieved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solution Finder: Did it really work?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search