Solution Finder: Did it really work?
Thread poster: Zhoudan

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 2, 2011

I lost one of my activations of Trados Freelance 2007 yesterday and submitted a report through Solution Finder at SDL Trados Translationzone yesterday afternoon, no reply was received yet. As I remember I forgot to indicate my order number, I submitted another more detailed report with the order number included. My question is: When can I expect SDLTrados to reply? Did you have similar experience and did you get your activations back?

I had an impression that Trados 2007 Freelance was provided with two activations and one extra. So I should have three activations, right?

If there are three activations, then I have lost two! Because I have only one computer with Trados activated, and my account at translationzone shows that I have no more activation left.

If this is the case, then the only thing I did wrong was in July when I cannot go into Windows system after I manually turned off the computer. I had to restore the system to the state when it was first purchased by pressing "Ctrl + F11". I guess this was how my first activation was lost. Yesterday, the system got so slow and I decided to have someone reformat it. I forgot to return the activation before reformatting my HDD! And this resulted in my loss of second activation.

Any input is welcome.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:21
English
Reply Sep 2, 2011

Hi Zhoudan,

I went looking for your incident and it has indeed been received and your codes were reset earlier this afternoon. So you should have an e-mail in your inbox confirming the reset by one of our colleagues.

Happy translating!

Cheers,
Luis

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 2, 2011

Thanks, Luis! They are back in my account. Now I am relieved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solution Finder: Did it really work?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search