What is the plus-version of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 3, 2011

What are the differences between the Plus-version and the ordinary version of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance?
How much does it cost to upgrade to the Plus-version?

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:57
French to English
+ ...
Two computers Sep 3, 2011

The plus version allows you to install the license on two computers which is very useful in case your computer crashes. If your computer crashes and you have not returned the license, you can't install the program on another computer! The plus version allows you to install it on another computer. I don't remember how much the additional cost is.

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:57
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Two concurrent installations Sep 4, 2011

In addition to the scenario described by Daniel, since you have two licenses, you can have Studio installed in two separate computers (in my case a desktop and a laptop) so you can work on either one.

By the way, if your computer crashes you don't lose your license, just contact SDL support and they will reset it.

I just had a situation where I uninstalled the software from my old laptop and forgot to first return the license. I contacted SDL and they reset my second license in less than 24 hours.

I can't remember what the cost difference is but it's not much and it's well worth it, at least for me.

Edited to add: With the two licenses, I sometimes have one of my computers doing project preparation while I keep working on a different project on the other one, it saves time!

[Edited at 2011-09-04 00:05 GMT]

Clarification: This applies to SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus, which includes SDL Trados 2007.

[Edited at 2011-09-04 01:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the plus-version of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search