Mathias SOUCHU
Mathias SOUCHU
France
Local time: 06:26
English to French
+ ...
Sep 3, 2011

Dear all,

I have just installed Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 but when I am in Trados and click on the "Terminology management" button to open Multiterm, I get these error messages:

"une erreur inattendue s'est produite lors du chargement des services de plug-ins globaux"
(an unexpected error occurred while loading the application plug-ins)

I click OK

And then I get:

"le service demandé n'est pas disponible : sdl.des
... See more
Dear all,

I have just installed Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 but when I am in Trados and click on the "Terminology management" button to open Multiterm, I get these error messages:

"une erreur inattendue s'est produite lors du chargement des services de plug-ins globaux"
(an unexpected error occurred while loading the application plug-ins)

I click OK

And then I get:

"le service demandé n'est pas disponible : sdl.desktop.platform.services.ljobservices."
(the required service is not available: sdl.desktop.platform.services.ljobservices.)

After this a third message appear saying:
Multiterm stopped working.

I add that I haven't been able to install Multiterm 2009 SP2.
I get (once again...) an error message saying:

"Setup has detected that SDL Multiterm 2007 is installed.
SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP2 can be installed side by side to SDL MultiTerm 2007.
This is only recommended if you are working on projects where a connection to remote SDL MultiTerm 2007 Team or SDL MultiTerm 2007 Server sites is required."

I have tried to uninstal Multiterm 2007 but I can't find it in the control panel.

I hope I made myself clear and that someone will be able to help me because I have been looking for an answer on many topics but could not find one...
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Use the Solution Finder first.. Sep 3, 2011

Hi Mathias,

Go to the SDL Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2009.
--- I receive an error message that is referring to SDL
... See more
Hi Mathias,

Go to the SDL Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2009.
--- I receive an error message that is referring to SDL MultiTerm and I have SDL MultiTerm 2009.

This will give you some instructions to delete some files and try again. If this doesn't help you can continue through the Solution Finder and if none of the suggetsed solutions help you will be presented with a form to complete that sends a support ticket to the SDL support team. You will be contacted and a technical support engineer will help you to resolve this problem.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Mathias SOUCHU
Mathias SOUCHU
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 4, 2011

Hello Paul,

I have just received your message and I thank you for your help.
Actually I uninstalled everything yesterday evening (multiterm and trados) and reinstalled it the right way: first multiterm SP4 then trados SP3. I also installed the updates and it seems to work fine now.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
Mathias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message while launching Multiterm 2009

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »