Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 23:09
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 4, 2011

I hope beta testers or Early Access users can clarify it, is it possible to create a bilingual Word document with Studio 2011 without using Trados 2007? I am now testing 2011 but couldn't find any settings for it.

And what is that Microsoft .NET Framework 4 error? Studio 2011 installer fails to install it but I already have it installed.

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
First run the Translate function in Workbench Sep 4, 2011

The short answer is no, you still have to go through Trados 2007 for the first step of the process.

1. Run the Translate function in Workbench with "Segment unknown sentences" checked

2. Open the resulting file in Studio 2011

Note that the input file for the Translate process in Trados 2007 needs to be a DOC file, and not a DOCX.

If you have a DOCX file, first save as DOC, then run the Translate function.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 23:09
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 4, 2011

Thanks Nora, but I will uninstall it right now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 and Bilingual Word Files

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search