Is there an uninstaller for SDLX? (Not removed with SDL Trados 2007 Freelance))
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 5, 2011

Hi all,

when trying to troubleshoot an obscure error (http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/206870-trados_2007_freelance_suddenly_stopped_working:_errors_occured_during_load.html ), I tried to uninstall SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and found out that SDLX is NOT removed together with it. When I selected SDLX in Windows Vista's Add/Remove Programs applet and click Remove/Modify, it was reinstalled instead of uninstallation. I also couldn't find a dedicated uninstaller for SDLX.

The problem linked above has now been "resolved" by reinstalling the system, but the question remains for the future: How do I uninstall SDLX?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: And while we're at it - is it posible to install SDLX alone, without the Trados part?

[Edited at 2011-09-05 08:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems like this is solved Sep 6, 2011

After reinstalling the whole system, including SDL Trados 2007 Freelance, I tried to invoke SDLX uninstaller from the Add/Remove Programs applet and succeeded.

My conclusion is that SDLX should be uninstalled before the rest of the package.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there an uninstaller for SDLX? (Not removed with SDL Trados 2007 Freelance))

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search