Thread poster: Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:40
French to German
Sep 5, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I would like to know if there is any possibility to assign shortcut keys to the current "actions" in TagEditor (for the commands "open/get", "Set/Close next Open/Get" etc).

When I'm proofreading ttx files, I like to do it directly in TagEditor for comparing the orginal text with my translation (to verify that I didn't forget anything). That's very practical, but after having read the equivalent of 50 Word pages on that way, my hand got hurt because of t
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I would like to know if there is any possibility to assign shortcut keys to the current "actions" in TagEditor (for the commands "open/get", "Set/Close next Open/Get" etc).

When I'm proofreading ttx files, I like to do it directly in TagEditor for comparing the orginal text with my translation (to verify that I didn't forget anything). That's very practical, but after having read the equivalent of 50 Word pages on that way, my hand got hurt because of the repeated mouse clics (oh yes, simple mouse clics can cause tendinitis, I didn't know that yet ) Shortcut keys could perhaps partly resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

- Simone -
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You cannot assign your own shortcuts Sep 5, 2011

But why not use the existing ones?
The easiest way to find them is the menu Workbench, where most of the shortucts are listed.
Also refer to Workbench and TagEditor help.

Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!!! Sep 5, 2011

I am sorry, I looked in the "Tools" menu, the "Options" but not il the "Workbench" menu... - oops - thats exactly what I searched!

Great thanks for you help!!

Pieter Beens
Pieter Beens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
Periodic Table of Trados shortcuts Mar 19, 2014

For those who're interested: I just published my Periodic Table of Trados Shortcuts.
Most fun, but a bit useful as well
Find it here: http://www.vertaalt.nu/blog/periodic-table-trados-shortcuts/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Key shortcuts in TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »