TagEditor error message 80002
Thread poster: Chris Dawe

Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:14
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 5, 2011

Hi there, does anyone know how to get around this TagEditor issue when opening TTX files? Chris.

The tag settings file (descriptive name: "Idiom Assets") for this document could not be found. Last time this document was saved the settings file was Idiom.ini.
Would you like to locate it now and add it to the existing tag settings files list?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:14
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you have the necessary tag settings (ini) file? Sep 5, 2011

If yes, point to the folder where it is stored.
Otherwise obtain one from the customer or create one yourself.
The error message you've got says exactly what I wrote above.
If you need to know how to create an ini file, refer to the File Formats Reference Guide, which you will find in the Documentation folder in the program group SDL International (via Start button in Windows).

United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ini file creation Sep 5, 2011

Thanks very much for that Jerzy. I had a look at the Wizard for creating a new file but I'm not sure I fully understand what's involved. I'm trying to get hold of the PM for this assignment. I think I'll ask if she can send me the ini file. Cheers, Chris.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The wizard is very easy to use Sep 5, 2011

Just follow the steps.
After having given the settings a name leave xml setting active, press next and press Import on the next page. Point to the file you have got from the customer, import it and press "Finish". Save the settings and try to open the file in question again.
Now it should work.
Obviously getting a corresponding ini from your customer would be the best option, as this will contain exact setting for translatable and non-translatable items, which you will not know when creating the ini on your own. In that case you would need to have an exact description from the customer - but then you would indeed have any right to ask the customer why he did NOT provide the ini file.

United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Import tag definitions Sep 5, 2011

Thanks Jerzy.
For Import Tag Definitions I get:
This list contains the suggested changes to the current tag definitions. Remove checkmarks for any operations which should not be applied by clicking on the checkmark in the left column.

I'm told the PM will be back soon, maybe I should just wait for them to locate the ini and send it to me?

Cheers

Chris

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just click OK Sep 5, 2011

and then it will work.
Sorry, I have simply assumed you would click OK without any further changes.

But to wait for the PM is better option.

United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Understood Sep 5, 2011

Thanks very much indeed Jerzy. In fact the PM is still away and I need to get underway...given you mentioned it would be desireable to try to get the ini file from them in the first place, if possible. I'm now going to do this in MemoQ, because this is actually their preferred tool. But I have seen this issue with TagEditor twice before and will now know how to resolve it in future, thanks to your generous support. Cheers, Chris.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor error message 80002

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search