Studio 2009: reference memory in different language pair than the project
Thread poster: T-tive

T-tive
Local time: 17:19
Sep 6, 2011

Hi,

I have the following problem with Studio 2009: I have a Swedish-Finnish translation job, so I set up the project for that language pair, added the translatable file and created a SV-FI memory, but now I would also like to add a reference memory in a different language pair (English-Finnish). When I try to do that, I get this information:

"The translation provider does not support any language pair in this project or project template."

I'm not sure what I do wrong, but I recall that in Trados 2007 you were able to link any reference memory in any language pair.

Lukasz

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
French to Polish
+ ...
No way... dummy TM... Sep 6, 2011

T-tive wrote:

I have the following problem with Studio 2009: I have a Swedish-Finnish translation job, so I set up the project for that language pair, added the translatable file and created a SV-FI memory, but now I would also like to add a reference memory in a different language pair (English-Finnish). When I try to do that, I get this information:

"The translation provider does not support any language pair in this project or project template."

It's impossible in the SDL world, even for variants like SV-SV and SV-FI (which should be logic...).
See e.g.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: reference memory in different language pair than the project

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search