Why does Studio 2009 add spaces around tags
Thread poster: Rosemary Vandertop

Rosemary Vandertop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:17
Dutch to English
Sep 8, 2011

My customer made some minor changes (550 words) to an original document I translated (8,000 words) and asked me to translate just the changes by running them through Studio with the same memory and the same everything etc. To my horror, instead of skipping through the 100% matches, Trados keeps stopping and changing them to 99% matches by adding spaces before and/or after the (4,000 plus) tags. To change the tags is going to be worse than translating the original document as some sentences have 7 tags in a row, or they are scattered all through the unit. I can't even see most of the changes.... Are my settings wrong? Please help, I am desperate.

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:17
English to German
+ ...
Shot in the dark Sep 8, 2011

Can you pre-translate after reducing the match "tolerance" to 99%?
-Mike-

Rosemary Vandertop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:17
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Why does Studio 2009 add spaces around tags Sep 8, 2011

Hi Mike, thank you for your reply. Yes I can, only the spaces are still all over the place so I have to check every sentence with a 99% or less match, which is the whole problem.

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:17
English to German
+ ...
Sometimes Sep 8, 2011

it can be worthwhile to correct these "niggles" in the target document, i.e. block-replace double spaces with a single space in Word? Then iterate until all double spaces are gone...
Just a suggestion.
-Mike-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why does Studio 2009 add spaces around tags

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search