Excel Issue under Studio 2011
Thread poster: Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:29
English to French
+ ...
Sep 8, 2011

I've been using Studio 2011 for a few days and I'm quite pleased with it. I've got an Excel job with Data Validation fields - all of them were imported successfully - so I was really impressed as not many other CAT tools can handle such fields. Studio 2011 imported the source file (English UK) without any error messages but when trying to export it, the error messages are as follows:

Unable to export Excel file - it may be password protected (wasn't in the first place)
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
La méthode Open de la classe Workbooks a échoué

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit French SP1

Seems to be a recurrent and annoying issue why can a file be imported but not exported?

Thanks for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:29
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Sep 9, 2011

I'd like to thank Paul for looking into this issue. Apparently, it's got to do with the xls file containing macros if the file is saved as xlsm or xlsx, it becomes a non-issue and it exports ok.

Many thanks again

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel Issue under Studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search