Excel Issue under Studio 2011
Thread poster: Bernard Lieber

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:33
English to French
+ ...
Sep 8, 2011

I've been using Studio 2011 for a few days and I'm quite pleased with it. I've got an Excel job with Data Validation fields - all of them were imported successfully - so I was really impressed as not many other CAT tools can handle such fields. Studio 2011 imported the source file (English UK) without any error messages but when trying to export it, the error messages are as follows:

Unable to export Excel file - it may be password protected (wasn't in the first place)
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
La méthode Open de la classe Workbooks a échoué

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit French SP1

Seems to be a recurrent and annoying issue why can a file be imported but not exported?

Thanks for your help

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Sep 9, 2011

I'd like to thank Paul for looking into this issue. Apparently, it's got to do with the xls file containing macros if the file is saved as xlsm or xlsx, it becomes a non-issue and it exports ok.

Many thanks again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel Issue under Studio 2011

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search