Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 02:51
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 28, 2004

Hi everybody,

I've just downloaded a Trados demo version from Translationzone and its tutorial. I'm following step by step this tutorial, but I'm having some difficulties.
The problem is the following:
1. I launch the workbench
2. I rezise the workbench and the MS file
3. then I'm told to open the terms recognition options and to make sure there MultiTermiX; but I've just Multiterm 5 (trados 5)

Why?

If then I click on Browse the w
... See more
Hi everybody,

I've just downloaded a Trados demo version from Translationzone and its tutorial. I'm following step by step this tutorial, but I'm having some difficulties.
The problem is the following:
1. I launch the workbench
2. I rezise the workbench and the MS file
3. then I'm told to open the terms recognition options and to make sure there MultiTermiX; but I've just Multiterm 5 (trados 5)

Why?

If then I click on Browse the window shown in the tutorial doesn't appear...

Thx
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Apr 28, 2004

Hi,
Can you please provide more details:

- Which version did you download?
- Did you also install MultiTerm?
- If yes - which version?

When quoting versions, please make sure to include the exact version number, including the "build number" (you will find this in the Help menu).

Best regards, Ralf

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 03:51
Italian to Danish
+ ...
over and over... ;-) Apr 28, 2004

Hi Molly,
You could find the same question posted here a few weeks ago... and actually no solution since you can't download MultitermIX for trial and you can't use your TRADOS trial version without the MultitermIX file...

If YOU find out how to do it, please keep us updated, will you?

Thanks
Dinny

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
You *can* use Workbench without term recognition Apr 28, 2004

Hi Dinny,
and actually no solution since you can't download MultitermIX for trial and you can't use your TRADOS trial version without the MultitermIX file...

That's not quite true, actually: you can deactivate term recognition (Options - Term Recognition); in fact, if Workbench does not find a MultiTerm installation, term recognition will be deactivated automatically.

HTH, Ralf

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
details Apr 28, 2004

Hi Ralph

- Which version did you download? = Trados 6.5 Demo version
- Did you also install MultiTerm? = I followed step by step the instructions to download Trados 6.5 Demo version
and its tutorial, but I don't know if I install Multiterm too (Multiterm doesn't appear in Start/Programs actually).
- If yes - which version?

Thank you!

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Deactivate term recognition Apr 28, 2004

Hi again,
- Which version did you download? = Trados 6.5 Demo version

Ok - note that I had asked about the build number, but let's assume it's the latest, i.e. build 417 (and given your next answer, that's not too relevant either).

- Did you also install MultiTerm? = I followed step by step the instructions to download Trados 6.5 Demo version
and its tutorial, but I don't know if I install Multiterm too (Multiterm doesn't appear in Start/Programs actually).

MultiTerm is a separate package that's installed separately. As you didn't install it, Workbench cannot locate it and hence doesn't display it in the dialogue.

Deactivate term recognition (see my response to Dinny's post).

Best regards, Ralf

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
build number Apr 28, 2004

Hi Ralph

the build number is 406.

I deactivated term recognition. The other problem is that when I click on browse I don't have the window shown in the tutorial (Local and remote termbase); as a consequence I cannot set the languages and so on...

thx again
best regards

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
You don't need to define settings if you deactivate the function Apr 28, 2004

Hi again,
the build number is 406.

...must have been downloaded a while ago...?

I deactivated term recognition. The other problem is that when I click on browse I don't have the window shown in the tutorial (Local and remote termbase); as a consequence I cannot set the languages and so on...

That window is only available if a MultiTerm Workstation (MTiX) installation is detected - it's irrelevant if you deactivate term recognition...

HTH, Ralf

thx again
best regards
[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to trados: having trouble with MultiTerm iX/5 while working through demo

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »