Updating to 2011
Thread poster: Paul Merriam

Paul Merriam  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:56
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2011

I purchased an upgrade to the 2011 version. I got a receipt and there's a button that goes with the download on the SDL site. The button takes me to a 404 page. Furthermore, because I got told to return the 2009 license before activating the 2011 license, the software with the 2009 license won't work. Any suggestions?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:56
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Paul Sep 9, 2011

I hope that somebody from SDL will correct me if I am wrong, but in the meantime:

the official 2011 version hasn't yet been released, so at the time being you will only have access to the pre-release version ("Early Access Program"); you can download it from you SDL account by visiting the "Early Access Program" link in the left-side menu

The pre-release 2011 version does not require returning the licence for 2009 version, both versions run simultaneously at the same computer, so no problems here.

Natalia

Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but Sep 9, 2011

It appears you're right, that it hasn't been officially released yet. That would explain why I can't download anything.

However, I got an e-mail from SDL on July 14 urging me to buy an upgrade. Today I bought it for about $200 and now I'm in a sort of limbo. I sure hope someone from SDL can help me.

Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
---- Sep 9, 2011

Paul, just login to your SDL account, and take a look at the menu to the left: do you see the "Early Access Program" there? If yes, your download of the 2011 version is there.

If you have returned your 2009 license, simply enter the license number back and use your 2009 version as always.

Or have I misunderstood your problem?

[Edited at 2011-09-09 21:02 GMT]

Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried that Sep 10, 2011

Since I'd already used the activation codes to activate 2009 on the two computers for which I had returned the licenses, it wouldn't let me do that. I have a support ticket in to them. I'll see what happens.

Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Sep 14, 2011

I got a response from SDL. Here it is:

I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. You should not have been able to process the upgrade on your account as studio 2011 has not been released yet. Unfortunately, this was due to a technical issue which was missed at our end - indeed, it was your support case which alerted us about the problem and for this we are very grateful.

We are currently in the process of rolling back the accounts and your 2009 license will be made available shortly. At the same time, the 2011 license will be removed until release, at which point you will be able to upgrade normally.

I will contact you again as soon as the details in your account have been fixed. Again, I am very sorry for this mistake and assure you that we will resolve this as quickly as possible.
-------------------- END OF QUOTE ---------------

So I don't recommend attempting to update to 2011 until they officially announce its release.

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:56
English to Italian
Information Sep 14, 2011

Hello
I am from SDL.

We had a glitch in the system and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We will release SDL Trados Studio 2011 in the next 10 days and will email all customers who already purchased Studio 2011 will be informed with instructions on how to obtain the license.

Hope this helps clarifying the situation and apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards
Massimo

Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Success Sep 14, 2011

And true to their word, they sent me an e-mail indicating that I had my old license back. I used the old activation code and reactivated it.

Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Any new about the official release? Sep 23, 2011

ghislandi wrote:

We will release SDL Trados Studio 2011 in the next 10 days...

Hi Massimo,

Are there any news about the official release? My temporary license expires in three days...

Thanks,
Natalia

[Edited at 2011-09-23 22:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating to 2011

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search