Reversing indexes for all opened termbases at once
Thread poster: Staszek Gierlicki

Staszek Gierlicki
Local time: 14:51
German to Polish
+ ...
Sep 11, 2011

Hi,
I've upgraded from Trados 2007 to Trados 2009 last week, so I'm still exploring some features in Studio and MultiTerm.

In MultiTerm 2009 (and in MT 2007 as well) one can open more than one termbases.
I have some 10 termbases and I'm working with all of them at once.
I'm using my termbases for searching in the directions DE->PL and PL->DE.
When I use the "Reverse Indexes" function, it only reverses the indexes in the default term-base.

I'm still looking for the option to reverse the indexes in all opened termbases at once.

In MT2007 I had an own workaround for it - I've defined different projects for my search directions and I switched the projects instead of reversing the indexes.

But in MT2009 there are no projects more. I've tried to get the workaround using the User Profiles.
But as they are so user unfriendly written this can't be a final solution.

Can anybody tell me the way to reverse the searching direction in all opened termbases at once?

TIA
Stanislaw

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:51
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
For use in Studio? Sep 11, 2011

Hi Staszek,

Do you want to reverse the indexes so you can use your termbases in both language combinations in Studio?

If so, no need to do that, Studio will use the right index direction based on your source and target languages, at least that's what happens in my case.

I have a termbase that I use in most projects and without having to do anything (it's just loaded in Studio options for all language pairs), the termbase switches to the right language combination for the project/file at hand, in my case EN-ES or ES-EN.

Staszek Gierlicki
Local time: 14:51
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm as a stand-alone application Sep 12, 2011

Hello Nora,

I know that Studio always uses die termbases the right language direction.

But my question concerns the use of MultiTerm as a stand-alone application (i.e. when I'm interpreting in the conference booth and searching in my terminology which I manage in my several termbases in MultiTerm).

Staszek

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:51
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How about using the MT Widget? Sep 12, 2011

For that specific purpose I think the Widget would actually be better than Multiterm Desktop, and you can simply set your language direction in the Widget.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reversing indexes for all opened termbases at once

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search